In 2011, we constructed the The Eclipse Military Assault Course. This is one of only a very few privately owned Irish assault courses in Ireland. This course is ‘rustic and tough’ and designed to condition and test the endurance of visitors who seek the thrill of ‘challenge’ both to their abilities as individuals and as leaders.
The Centre also holds regular events and time trials and is open to individuals and teams as well as corporate, stags and hens to participate and compete for fastest times. Participants will each receive a challenge certificate on completion and compete for the ultimate reward of the annual Eclipse Trophy and percentage of enrollment fees.
On 25th February 2012, The Youth Club Group from Roscrea beat the Eclipse Assault Course record with a staggering time of 10 minutes, 57 seconds, beating the current record of 12 minutes and 04 seconds. A superb achievement accomplished with determination and flawless teamwork. Can it be beaten? Are you tough enough to take the Eclipse Assault Course Challenge? This record is in its second year!
Contact the office for individual and group rates.
The Assault Course is incorporated into The Eclipse Development Scheme and delivers many benefits for participating individuals and teams that includes:
- Total Body Toning: Every muscle group is worked when tackling the assault course whilst enhancing balance and co-ordination.
- Builds strength, speed and endurance: The variation of physical challenges help to develop a more balanced, stronger team player.
- Builds leadership: by enriching the qualities needed for any winning team.
- Team Bonding: Close encounters with the challenge course inspires direction and focus for team development.
- Team Building: The team have to and rely on each other to work as a unit to complete the course. This transforms directly on to the sporting field.
- Confidence Building: The ability to self-motivate and give confidence to other team members towards a common goal promotes team confidence to overcome competitive adversity.
- A great outdoor alternative: that helps prevent boredom in the gym and provides a refreshing change to just running around the pitch! This helps teams get focused, tuned in and enthusiastic to train.
- Ideal for sports clubs: The Eclipse Assault Course is an ideal way to break the train-match-train-match cycle and is great fun for any time of the year.
Please note that there will be mud and all children under 16 years old must be by parental consent. Outside the competition, the course will have add-ons (ramps, ladders, ropes etc.) to facilitate and assist the young and less nimble.